Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Linked Up to Thank Soldiers

Natalie over at Teachery Tidbits posted a few weeks ago about a local radio station that is collecting letters to be delivered to soldiers who are deployed over the holiday.

I was a military wife for 9 1/2 years. I spent 8 months of my first year of marriage alone in Mississippi while my husband was deployed, had to watch my husband miss our son's first Christmas, first steps, and first birthday (among many other firsts!), and delivered my baby girl while he was in Iraq. Needless to say, this campaign has a special place in my heart. 

Last week, we talked about formatting a friendly letter, we wrote a sample letter as a class, and then I walked them through writing a letter to a soldier. I had tears in my eyes the whole time they were reading them aloud. Here are a few:





The deadline is Friday, but if you have a few minutes to spare today or tomorrow, please, please, please head over to Natalie's blog, check out the details, and get those letters sent. 

 
 
 

1 comment :

  1. Yay! I'm so glad your kiddos got to write those letters! We finished ours last week, and I know that they will make some great men smile. Thanks for linking up!

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete