Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday's Simple Supper- Un-Bourbon Chicken Burritos

Last week I got a new slow cooker from Costco so I was on the lookout for some great slow cooker recipes. 

  
Recipe and Photo from Cozi.com

I found this yummy sounding recipe for Un-Bourbon Chicken on the Cozi website. Click the photo to be redirected to the recipe. 

NOTE: It called for bone-in chicken pieces, but gave the option of using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, which is what I went with. 

Oh my goodness! It was delicious. The chicken shredded so beautifully and the flavor was amazing. On night one we ate it over rice with some steamed vegetables, and it was okay. In my opinion there wasn't a good rice/juice ratio. 

On night two, I decided to put the meat into a burrito, with all the fixings: black beans, cheese, avocado, salsa, and sour cream. My bonus-mom (I've never been fond of the term step-mom), makes the most amazing chicken burritos and the meat has a very similar flavor to this recipe. Mine were almost as good as hers.

Next time, I'd skip the rice meal all together and go straight for the burritos. It was an incredible reprieve from the traditional beef/taco packet burrito...a go-to meal in many a household, including mine!

Happy eating everyone. Be sure to let me know if you give it a try!

No comments :

Post a Comment