Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hey, Good Lookin'! Whatcha Got Cooking? A NEW Linky!

Before I get to the deliciousness I want to invite you to join in this weekly {hopefully!} linky party where we can share recipes that have survived our kitchens.


With my current mom-teacher schedule, I'm always looking for meals I can be proud to put on the table. And seriously I don't think I can live with another night of Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets and steamed broccoli....blah!

So link up and share what you've been cookin'!


Use your recipe title when you link up so we can browse easily!


Here's what we had this week:

Creamy Spicy Corn Chowder with Chicken
Picture of Creamy Spicy Corn Chowder with Chicken Recipe  
Photo from foodnetwork.com

You can click the photo to be redirected to this recipe I found on foodnetwork.com.

To start I cooked the bacon in a large stock pot until it was nice and crispy. I removed the bacon and added onion, potato, red pepper, corn, salt, and pepper. 

*I omitted the jalapeno called for in the recipe and didn't have any thyme, but it was still delish. There wasn't enough fat from the bacon so I had to add a bit of olive oil to the pot. 

After sauteing for about 5-6 minutes I took 1/2 of that mixture and pureed it in my food processor. 

I added the mixture back to the stock pot along with the milk, broth, and chicken. The rotisserie chickens were looking extra wimpy when I was grocery shopping for this meal so I just cooked up some well seasoned chicken breasts that I cut into bite sized pieced and cooked beforehand. 

My husband was salivating over this one...which does not happen often. He was so sad when the leftovers were gone. This probably would freeze well too. 

Happy Eating!     

No comments :

Post a Comment