Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mega Management: Bathroom Policy

Pre school starting I left my Mega Management series lingering with a promise of a bathroom policy post. Here it is folks...it's potty time.
I don't know about you, but our day is jam packed with all kinds of fabulous learning {wink!}...when kiddos walk out the door to use the restroom they can be assured that they are missing something important. Our school has a buddy policy which means now two students are missing something important. Ugh!

So here's how I help minimize bathroom class:

First, each student is given 4 bathroom passes. They're little slips of paper with their class numbers on them. These must be surrendered each time a student leaves the class to use the restroom. 

Students are not allowed to use the restroom for 20 minutes after a recess/break. This is not up for discussion unless I see that glimmer of panic in their eye. You teachers know what I'm talking about. It's the "I REALLY gotta go" face. 

When students leave, they log themselves out in a little notebook by the door and put one of these cuties on their desk.


If students use all of their passes they can still go to the restroom, but they owe me time on the bench at recess. This usually deters their "need" to go. 

At the end of the week students are given a Jag Buck (our K-3 school wide economy system) for each pass that is not used. They even get a bonus buck if they still have all 4! 

And that's a wrap. 

Its' a simple system, but it has worked well for me.

If you've missed any posts you can check them out here:



No comments :

Post a Comment