Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Currently...

Woah, I blinked and a month flew by! People are starting to ask what happened to my little blog, so I figured Farley's Currently is a nice first post after my month hiatus. Thanks Farley for all the fun!


I found a $10 iTunes card in my wallet the other day...wooohoo... and bought the Tim McGraw single as well as Cassadee Pope's "Wasting All These Tears" and a Taylor Swift's songs from The Hunger Games...I've wanted those for a long time and just never got around to downloading them. 

I've talked about getting a laptop for a long time, but I just couldn't justify spending the money on a Mac, but my sweet darling husband (who has less of a problem spending money than I do!) surprised me with the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display. It's awesome. I L-O-V-E, love it! We just read Clementine in class; can you tell, hahaha.

Totally bummed I forgot a whole stack of papers in my classroom. Good thing is I only live about 5 minutes from school so I'll have to zip by real quick and grab them. I might have a rough time motivating myself to do that though, we'll see. 

Yep, my husband has not had a job to go to since the government shutdown. So ridiculous. To avoid any political debates, I'll suffice it to say that I really want him to have a job on Monday. 

My stinkin' Scotch laminator died. I'm so sad. Kind of frustrated too because I haven't had it all that long. I thought it would last longer. Anyone else have issues with the Scotch brand laminator? Any suggestions for a different brand? 

My trick probably isn't a trick to many of you, but when I found this out about the Blogger app I thought it was the coolest thing ever. In the past when I would take pictures on my iPhone or my iPad I would email them to myself and then download the pics into a file and then upload them to my new posts. SO time consuming! Then I downloaded the Blogger app.With the Blogger app on my phone and iPad, I can create a new post and put the pictures from my camera roll right into the new post and save it as a draft. I usually don't create the whole post from my phone or iPad. Then when I'm ready to do the actual writing of the post, I can go to my computer and ta-da, the pictures are already there in my draft. It has saved me SO much time! The Blogger app doesn't have the greatest reviews, but I've used it a bunch and have never had a problem with it...knock on wood.

Sure felt good to make a mark in cyber-space once again. Visit Farley and check out the long list of Currently posts...beware: you might get sucked into your computer and not be found for hours!

2 comments :

  1. Yes! The blogger app has helped me tremendously when I want to upload pictures to my blog. Just this year I began taking more pictures, now to just do it more often, lol.

    Darnee
    Tales From Two 2nd Grade Classrooms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing that trick. I just blogged about issues uploading pics.
    Thanks and I hope you have good news on Monday (for your husband)=)
    ~lisa
    TGIF-Third Grade Is Fun

    ReplyDelete