Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bubble Maps and Word Clouds

The bubble map seems to be the hardest map for my kiddos to grasp because the bubbles have to contain ONLY adjectives or adjective phrases. Students tend to want to put any phrase in the bubbles (and you'll see a lot of "bubble maps" like this floating around the web).

As excited as I was to have students making bubble maps I was equally excited to use this Word Cloud generator from abcya.com. 

We took our bubble maps to the computer lab and came out with a neat little piece of art for our classroom. Below are some screenshots that show just how easy this program is to use. This is a word cloud I made about my pup Lily.




Don't they come out darling!!



1 comment :

  1. I love them! I had never seen that part of ABC-ya! Will definitely have to check that out - it would be great to use for synonyms or word choice.

    ReplyDelete