Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mega Management: Turning in Homework

Welcome back for more Mega Management.

If you missed the first two posts in this series you can check them out here:




Today we're looking at turning in homework. Keep in mind that what you actually assign for homework is a whole post in itself. This is just the procedure part for collecting it. 

There is one bin for homework. Any kind of bin will do. Fancy ones, plain ones, wire ones, plastic ones, stacking ones, see through ones...well, you get the point. 

Semikolon Paper Tray - See Jane Work - Photo



Last year I had a bin for every subject so kids could turn in papers as they finish their work, but now looking back it seems a little unnecessary. Here's why I like one bin over one bin for every subject. First, it takes up less counter space and second, it is just overwhelming to me to look at all those trays full of paper! Call me crazy, but it does...

Once homework is turned in, students cross their name off the list.  I haven't decided the fine details of how the list will look yet, but it will either be a laminated class list that is always on top of the stack of homework or it will be a cutie-patootie frame that they can Expo marker their name out with, OR {last "or" I promise} it will be some sort of clip type system. Stay tuned for that. 

I keep a clipboard with a check in sheet on it to keep track of homework and other assignments that I use to account for a Work and Study Habits grade. Here's a version of what that looks like. I always seem to tweak it a little bit here and there each year. 

 

So what do I do with all those papers kids have to turn in? Stay tuned for more Mega Management ;0) How's that for a cliffhanger...say what!!! {Wow, I don't think I've ever said that in real life, but it's pretty safe to say that your imaginary version of me saying it is probably way cooler than the real me saying it...}

For more on homework, check out Christina from Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge. She has some cute ideas for a homework club that you can see here


When it comes to what to assign for homework, I like Stephanie's post at 3rd Grade Thoughts on a Universal Homework Model

No comments :

Post a Comment